Friday, July 27, 2007

Back when I was your age...

As I was doing a little late-night stalking - er, I mean, browsing - of the MIT blogs/admissions site, I happened to notice this interesting little blurb, hiding coyly on the side of the screen:

Online Application • The freshman online application for entry in Fall 2008 is now live!

Most interesting. I wonder if any of the prospectives have noticed? Ah, it reminds me of when I was filling out my own application...feels like a lifetime ago! And there wasn't any of this MyMIT "online" stuff back when I was your age, you know...I had to fill the whole thing out in pen, with no correcting fluid, twice!

That's a total fabrication, by the way. And not a very good one either, but it's 1 o'clock in the morning, so just cut me some slack, okay?

Anyhow, as it turns out, the 2008 application is actually the same as last year's - which sort of surprised me, but then again the app was pretty good to begin with, and it's not really like an engineer to meddle with something that works. Anyway, I'll be updating this post later on with some thoughts, recollections, and musings about the college admissions process in general, and the MIT application in particular.

And by later on, I mean when (ii) it's not so late, (c) I've gotten some well-deserved sleep, and (1) I'm a little more lucid.

...Right. Yeah, I'm going to go to bed now...

No comments: