Monday, February 11, 2008

Sort of sad

Now that semester's started and I actually have work (what? work at MIT? crazy, I know), I've had to come up with some better organizational skills. The most important step has been setting up a pretty kick-ass Google Calendar (I've also been experimenting with Lightning, which is the calendar add-on for Mozilla Thunderbird) that complements the schedule I keep on my lovely Treo. However, I also occasionally resort to much lower-tech methods - in particular, emailing myself reminders and lists of things to do.

Here's an example of an email I just sent myself, upon realizing that I have an assignment due this Wednesday for 20.020, my bioengineering lab course.

From: Me
To: Me
Subject: 20.020 STUFF IS DUE SOON!

Also, work more on your 18.03 and 8.022 p-sets. And finish the reading for your HASS class. Now.

Rawr.

***

I sure know how to intimidate myself, don't I?

Now, off to 5.12. Organic chemistry. Yum.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has ever sent electronic reminders to herself. I feel much better now.

How are you feeling about o chem, by the way?

FreeLance said...

i always do that ! (when my PC and/or internet work).

hey did you win some kind of award before coming to MIT ? I think I read it somewhere, you and (apparently) your twin sister ! (i did not know you had one).

Paul said...

Hah, I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one...

@ Isshak - I won a few awards, some small, one or two big ones, before coming to MIT. I was a nerd, what can I say...

@ Kate - Orgo is treating me well so far, I definitely understand the material...but some of the molecules we have to analyze (for stereogenic centers, etc.) are so gigantic that it does get pretty ridiculous at times.