Sunday, February 3, 2008

Some quick thoughts on Initation, Freshmen on Campus, and the Super Bowl

Last night was initiation at Skullhouse. Obviously, I can't say much about it - and nor do I want to, since really, there are some things that, in my opinion, should only be appreciated firsthand...sort of like hacking, actually.

But yes, I am now officially a brother of Phi Kappa Sigma, which is...there's a lot of words running through my head. Awesome probably comes closest. I have quite a bit more to say on this, but I think I'll save those ruminations for my admissions blog.

In other news, I'm officially moved back into Simmons. Kind of depressing, actually, that one of my first acts as an initiated brother is to move out of the house. But that's Freshmen On Campus for you.

Also, as the entire world probably knows, Super Bowl is on tonight! As you can probably guess, I'll be rooting for the Pats - even though I would much prefer the Colts to be playing instead. Although Simmons is showing it in our awesome Multi-Purpose Room, I'll be back at the house to watch instead. I think we're having not one but two TV's set up for that purpose. Sweet.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Patriot loss, what a bummer. Anyway, congrats on becoming a skullie, I guess.

And, yes, I am intentionally using the diminutive.

Anonymous said...

Can't you just live at the frat anyway? I thought a lot of people just have rooms on campus by name only..