Monday, June 11, 2007

Welcome

I've never liked giving introductions. I'd like to think there's more to me than just a sentence or two, dashed off for quick reference and easy recall. I'd like to think that people are deeper and more complex than they may seem at first glance, that initial impressions aren't always accurate. And, most of all, I'd like to believe that we are genuinely interested in each other, that we actually want to know more about each other than "Hi, my name's X and I'm from Y and next year I'm going to Z."

If you agree with me - then you're in the right place.

Welcome to Emergent.

This blog is not just about me and my life - it is also about you. Without you, this blog would have no reason to exist. I'm writing this, not because I believe I have anything special to say, but because I know have nothing special to say. Most of what I write about is simply going to be my life, my everyday adventures and misadventures, the small sorrows and the tiny joys that make up human existence. But my life is not your life; your life is not mine. We both have things to learn from each other, and I think that is the true joy and power of blogging.

If this is all getting too heavy and philosophical - I'm kind of beginning to bore myself - I apologize. Hopefully you are still awake and haven't yet clicked your back button.

Please, stay a while. It can only get better from here.

No comments: